background

Friday, March 22, 2013

Look at all Those Sister Missionaries


We got our first picture from Kacey! Sadly, we were unable to located a magnifying glass with which to view the photo.  We are trusting she is in it.  Wait, there she is.  Upper right!

Kacey's letters continue to be upbeat and positive.  Her experience thus far is so fun to read about! I finally understand why her letters as well as other letters we've received from missionaries appear to be one giant run-on sentence.  Apparently, there is no "enter" key on the Spanish keyboards.

Following is Kacey's letter from March 19, 2013:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! Oh my gosh! I am pretty much crying right now
because I am finally getting to write you guys. Please remember that I
cannot enter on these keyboards and they are spanish. and no one is
allowed to make fun of my spelling! OKay, when you send me stuff
please address it Hermana Kacey Alexa Smith, that way it gets to me!
We had exchanges for a few hours on sunday an my comp only spoke
spanish, not a single english word haha I tried to tell her I was
fasting and she thought I didnt like the food...hmm I should practice
more haha. My dream to be tiny will not come true here because I was
about two feet taller than my comp on sunday! Hermana Ixacara was her
name.  I forgot to tell you guys that you cannot even brush your teeth
with the water here so we seriously brushed out of water bottles haha
its great. All the Latinos always ask if I am related to the prophet
Joseph Smith haha and there are two elder smiths here so they always
ask if we are related...there arent any smiths in central america
haha! It is it totally sweet because my green eyes are even more
appreciated here..the latins LOVE them! We get sunburned SO quickly
here...we dont even go outside that much right now but I am pretty
sure its because we are so close to the equator. I already have some
of that cute missionary tan..lovely. I had to get a tetnus shot
yesterday...I guess in the US they last for ten years so it was
expired for here..ouch! The spirit is so awesome here and I love every
single second of it! I love being a missionary. My companion is so
great, we work so well together and love each other so much. I love
all the girls here and all the elders. Seriously I love everyone. You
guys write me all the time and tell me everything haha yes, emails,
letters and dear elders! Kennadi...tell me the juicy stuff haha! I am
so happy for the Hansens and baby  Milo! That is so exciting! There is
a guy here who totally reminds me of Jordan so thats pretty sweet! I
love the super long emails so still send them but I kind of skim them
because we dont have much time and cannot print them. once we are out
in the field we can prin them so still send them! Pretty much every
single day gets better and better and I love it! The Sprit is amazing
and this chuch is so true! I hope Kennadis hip is okay. I am so proud
of Allie on her mission. she rocks! I love you guys!!!!! Hermana Kacey
Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment